North Eastham Master Plan
Learn More About this Important Project and Share Your Thoughts!
The North Eastham Master Plan project builds on multiple years of intensive, Town-led planning and research, including two years of work completed by the T-Time Development Committee. The Town of Eastham now has the unique opportunity to use three Town-owned properties (T-Time, Town Center Plaza, and the COA property) as catalysts for creating a more walkable village center in North Eastham, while also addressing a multitude of community needs for recreation, housing, and economic opportunity. Once completed, the Master Plan will provide a road map and community vision that can be shared with prospective redevelopment partners - ensuring that the Eastham community's needs and values are reinforced through any future development activity on these properties.
The North Eastham Master Plan project team, led by Union Studio Architecture, has now held two public workshops on the in-progress Master Plan (June 8 and May 11, 2022). See below for a recap of each workshop, and visit the Master Plan project website by July 31 to view the latest design concepts and give your input through an online survey.
For more information on the public workshops and the North Eastham Village Center Master Plan, visit the project Facebook page and the project website.
RECAP: Public Workshop #1 (May 11, 2022)
- During the first public workshop, held on Wednesday, May 11, the Master Plan team requested community input on rough "bubble diagrams" showing a variety of site layouts that could meet the objectives of the Town's T-Time Committee Recommendations for the T-Time, Town Center Plaza, and COA properties.
- Individuals not able to attend the first workshop were invited to give input on their own time during an online public comment period on the project website, ending Friday, May 27, 2022.
RECAP: Public Workshop #2 (June 8, 2022)
- On June 8, the project team presented "second draft" design concepts for the town-owned T-Time, Town Center Plaza, and Council on Aging properties.
- These second stage design concepts incorporated public input and analysis from the first public workshop and accompanying online survey, as well as the more than two years of community input and research conducted by Eastham's T-Time Development Committee.
- For those unable to attend the June 8 public workshop, all meeting materials, including the full workshop video, are available on the project website at www.northeasthammasterplan.com.
- After reviewing the meeting materials and second draft design concepts, you are invited to complete an online survey to provide your input. The survey period for the second draft concepts ends July 31, 2022.
- Final concept plans will incorporate public feedback on the second draft concepts, and these will shared by the project team at a third meeting in October, date and time to be announced.