- Out of an abundance of caution, the Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. We will have limited staff on hand to answer phone calls, return messages, and/or respond to emails. The aim of this action is to limit potential exposure of staff and residents to the COVID-19 virus. During this time there will be limited services offered by appointment or urgency. Please leave a detailed message and we will respond as quickly as possible.
- Thank you for your understanding and patience during this challenging time.
- Please keep yourself and your family safe and healthy!
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of all town records, by-laws, the town seal, chief election official, public records officer and a member of the Board of Registrars.
The Town Clerk is also responsible for:
- Public records requests.
- Vital Records: records and preserves vital records, including birth, death and marriage, and provides certified copies of these documents upon request.
- Birth, death and marriage records, marriage intentions.
- Town Committee member appointments, ethics and terms of office.
- Permits: Dog, yard sale, raffle, temporary sign permits
- License permits: Business licenses, auto, billiards, coin-operated amusements, common victualler, entertainment, hawker-peddler, liquor and mini golf
- Annual Town Report: Compiling reports from all Town departments, committees and boards and working with the publisher to produce a timely, accurate report of all the activity, expenditures and projects for the prior year.
- Decisions of the Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals are filed with the Town Clerk’s office.
- All town committee meetings must be posted by 3:30PM to the Town Clerk's office and at least 48 hours prior to the meeting not including weekends or holidays.
- Town committee Minutes are received by the town clerk’s office and uploaded to the committee webpage.