- Out of an abundance of caution, the Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. We will have limited staff on hand to answer phone calls, return messages, and/or respond to emails. The aim of this action is to limit potential exposure of staff and residents to the COVID-19 virus. During this time there will be limited services offered by appointment or urgency.
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of all town records, by-laws, the town seal, chief election official, public records officer and a member of the Board of Registrars.
The Town Clerk is also responsible for:
- Public records requests
- Vital Records: records and preserves vital records including birth, death and marriage
- Town Committee member appointments, ethics and terms of office
- Permits: Dog, yard sale, raffle, temporary sign permits
- License permits: Business licenses, auto, billiards, coin-operated amusements, common victualler, entertainment, hawker-peddler, liquor and mini golf
- Annual Town Report: Compiling reports from all Town departments, committees and boards and working with the publisher to produce a timely, accurate report of all the activity, expenditures and projects for the prior year
- Decisions: Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals are filed with the Town Clerk’s office
- All Town Committee meetings postings: OPEN MEETING LAW: Per the Attorney General's office, if a public body does not post notice for a meeting 48 hours in advance (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays) then the public body may NOT hold the meeting. Committee meetings must be posted by 3:30PM to the Town Clerk's office.
- Town Committee Minutes are received by the Town Clerk’s office and uploaded to the committee webpage.