Welcome to the website for the Eastham Department of Public Works
Description and Mission Statement
The DPW consists of 17 full-time and part-time employees in the following 6 divisions:
The DPW’s main goal is to maintain the public infrastructure and facilities in a cost-effective manner that preserves and protects our natural resources. The Town’s infrastructure includes: roadways & storm drains, signs & street markings, parking lots, street lighting, grounds, fields & parks, beaches & ponds, the transfer station (solid waste and recycling programs), municipal vehicles & equipment, and public buildings & facilities.
Functions and Responsibilities
All DPW divisions work as a single unit tasked with the responsibility of providing services that preserve public safety, health and the environment. The DPW is responsible for the care and maintenance of town trees, for cleanup during storm events, for snow and ice removal, as well as for providing administrative & technical support to other Town departments in conjunction with their activities.
Some of our core functions include:
- Preparing the Annual Operating Budget to fund the Department’s operations
- Developing and Updating the 5-year Capital Improvements Plan to maintain and upgrade the Town’s Public Infrastructure
- Applying for Grants to supplement requests for Town funding
- Maintaining about 50 Miles of Public Roads and over 900 Stormwater Structures
- Scheduling and Programming Seasonal Maintenance Operations
- Operating the Transfer Station
- Reviewing a Variety of Permit Applications
- Addressing Public (Catch Basin Cleaning, Pot Hole Patching, Roadside Clearing, etc.) and Internal (Area Cleanups, Leaky Faucets, HVAC Systems, etc.) Requests for Service
- Maintaining Eastham Public Beaches & Ponds
- Maintaining the DPW Vehicles and Equipment, and Providing Fuel for the Town’s Fleet
- Ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local Laws and Regulations relative to Public Works Operations and Public Procurement
- Assisting other Town Departments with Technical Support and Labor for Various Projects
Please stop by any time and ask us what we could do to help you!