The towns of Eastham, Wellfleet, Truro and Provincetown are working together in partnership with the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies to develop a Shoreline Management Framework. The MA Office of Coastal Zone Management, who will be providing guidance and input, has awarded $115,000 to the towns in 2019, and an additional $248,070 in funding through 2022 for this project.
The shoreline framework will review the Outer Cape town’s approach to Cape Cod Bay shoreline management, identify similarities and consistencies, and develop a framework for the four towns to work together for a cohesive approach to shoreline management.
Project Presentation: Increasing Coastal Resiliency Through Inter-Municipal Shoreline Management
- Shana Brogan, Eastham Project Director
- Hillary Lemos –Wellfleet Conservation & Health Agent
- Emily Beebe – Truro Conservation & Health Agent
- Tim Famulare – Provincetown Conservation Agent
Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies
- Mark Borelli
- Steve Mague
- Sam McFarland
- $115,000 - 2019 - 2020
- $248,070 - 2020 - 2022
- September 2019 - June 2022