In accordance with G.L. c166A, the Board of Selectmen hereby establish a Cable T.V. Advisory Committee, composed of five (5) members, who shall focus on recommending acceptance of a Cable T.V. license or renewal of an existing license to the Board of Selectmen. In developing said recommendation, the Committee shall, at a minimum, review the following:
- License Term
- Service Area/Line Extensions
- System Upgrading Potential and Schedule
- Future Technology - How Accessed, Service Area
- Institutional Networks (I-Nets)
- Public Access/Local Origination
- Customer Service Standards
- Senior Citizen Discounts
- Annual Performance Review
- Performance Bonds
- Gross Revenue - Definition- How Much - Pass Through
- Expansion of Service to Underserviced Areas
The Committee may decide to recommend an “Informal Renewal Process,” which is less rigid.
The Committee shall report bi-monthly to the Board of Selectmen on progress and to discuss any other issues not explicitly stated in the charge but of concern in the license renewal process.