On Thursday, August 26, 2021 the Eastham Board of Health discussed and approved a town wide indoor mask mandate, to be effective Monday, August 30th, 2021. See below for full order. Questions and/or concerns can be directed to the Eastham Health Department (508.240.5900 x3230 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
RULE AND ORDER REQUIRING THE USE OF MASKS AND OTHER PROTECTIVE MEASURES
EFFECTIVE: AUGUST 30, 2021
Pursuant to the Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 111, Section 31 and 122, 310 CMR 11.05, 105 CMR 300.200 and all other authorizing statutes and regulations, we the members of the Eastham Board of Health hereby order the following:
1. It is recommended that all persons who do not reside in the same household maintain a physical distance of six feet when possible and when in a location that is open to the public.
2. In addition to physical distancing and in an effort to protect the public health, all persons regardless of vaccination status, including customers and staff in areas accessible to customers, must wear a cloth face covering that covers their nose and mouth, such as a fabric or surgical mask. Wearing a mask is not a substitute for maintain six feet of separation.
3. Masks or cloth face coverings shall be worn:
- Whenever indoors on the premises of a business, club, or place of assembly, including but not limited to retail establishments, restaurants, bars, performance venues, social clubs, event spaces, places of religious worship and municipal buildings. Food service establishment customers may only remove face coverings when seated; lodging workers and guests are required to wear face coverings inside hallways and common areas.
- Personal services (including hair salons and massage/body work) customers and workers are required to wear face coverings.
- Masking remains mandatory for all individuals on public and private transportation systems including ride shares, taxis, transportation shelters and CCRTA flex bus.
4. The face covering requirements of this order shall be in place until it is rescinded by the Eastham Board of Health.
5. Full vaccination against COVID-19 remains important to reduce hospitalization and morbidity from the virus. We encourage all eligible persons who are not fully vaccinated to get immunized. It is recommended that all non-vaccinated individuals wear a face mask in all public areas.
6. Notwithstanding any provision in this Order, pursuant to guidance issued by the CDC, face coverings should not be placed on young children under two years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance, or anyone who due to disability is unable to wear a mask.
7. To the extent necessary, this Order shall be enforced by the Eastham Health Agent and Assistant Health Agent.
8. Whoever violates any provision of this Order may be penalized by a non-criminal disposition process as provided in MGL Chapter 40, Section 21D and the Town’s non-criminal disposition by-law.
9. If non-criminal disposition is elected, then any person who violates any provision of this Order shall be subject to: for a first offense, a written warning; for a second offense, a penalty in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100); for a third offense, a penalty of two hundred dollars ($200); and for a fourth or subsequent offense, a penalty in the amount of three hundred dollars ($300). Each day or portion thereof shall constitute a separate offense. If more than one, each condition violated shall constitute a separate offense.
This Order shall be effective August 30, 2021 and remain in effect until notice is given, pursuant to the Eastham Board of Health’s judgement that the Public Health Emergency no longer exists.