- Building Department
- Online Permitting
Online Building Permits NOW AVAILABLE!
Streamline your permitting by uploading licenses, submitting documents and paying online in our new Building Permit Portal. Contractors can manage all jobs/permits/applications from any device.
AS of January 18th, 2023 we are ONLY ACCEPTING Permit Applications ONLINE via our portal.
Contractors/Owners can quickly create an account by uploading their license info and then manage all of their permit applications, inspection status, pay online and even print permit cards to display on job sites.
We are available both by phone, online and at the Building Department counter for any questions and to provide some assistance through this transition. Please see the portal instructions below and create your account to start managing your permits online and help us expedite the process for everyone.
As always with new software, is a work in progress so please bear with us and reach out to us with any questions or assistance you may need! Thank you for supporting our efforts!
Online Permitting Portal Process
All permit applications will be submitted via our online permitting portal. Each company/contractor will create an account ONLY ONCE and then you will use that account to manage your various permit applications, inspections, print building permit cards for display and track all of your permits with the Town of Eastham. You will also be able to pay instantly online and expedite the permitting process.
Initial account creation requires uploading appropriate licenses, etc., but once you have input that information into the system you can simply login and view your permit info. Please review the information and instructions on this page to assist you with your account creation and submissions.
- Getting Started
- Successful Submission Requirements
- Navigating Your Account
- *Scheduling Inspections
- Helpful Documents
- Permit FAqs
- Inspection FAQs
Getting Started: We have a Contractor User Guide for the portal, both linked below.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE YOUR PERMIT APPLICATION:
- Official Property Address (vacant lots must be assigned an official address prior to permit activity)
- Liability & Workers Comp Insurance Certificates
- Workers Comp Waiver Affidavit (in lieu of a Workers Comp Certificate)
- Active/Valid Contractor Licenses
NOTE: If you have uploaded this documentation for previous applications, the software will have it on file and save you time.
New Users -Start Here
-Choose contractor or property owner
-Enter Information & Upload License(s)
-Once Submitted you will get an email
-Return to Login to begin using portal
-Enter Permitting Portal
View: Contractor User Guide
Requirements for a Successful Submission:
- Be sure to have any REQUIRED documents (workman's comp with site address, required licenses, etc.) already completed and ready to upload as needed BEFORE YOU BEGIN to save yourself time. (See Helpful Documents tab on the left.)
- Complete all mandatory fields (marked with a red *)
- Click ‘Submit’ OR
- ‘Save Draft’
- Allowing applicant to return at a later date to complete their DRAFT application submission)
- REVIEW AND COMPLETE ALL MANDATORY FIELDS
- Be sure to SIGN (digitally) all necessary forms and agreements. A Digital Signature is legal and binding to all permitting regulations.
- Call or email us with questions. We are here to help make this process easier for everyone!!
Your Portal Account
- Login to your account to view & maintain your information, licenses and all projects.
- View the status of your in-progress drafts, submission(s), permits issued, certificates, closed permits & more in the portal.
- Be sure to check the Scheduling Inspections tab on the left of this page for instructions on how to request your permit inspections.
- PRINT necessary Building Permit Cards to display as is legally required during the work period of your permit. **Place permit/weather cards in plastic envelopes after printing to protect and keep on display at your job site.
SCHEDULING INSPECTION REQUESTS:
All Inspection requests for Building, Plumbing/Gas and Electric must be requested VIA TELEPHONE OR IN WRITING (electrical) ONLY! See specific requirements below.
**You may NOT schedule any inspections without paying required fees either online by credit card, by checking account ACH, or in-person by check or money order at our office. Paying online will expedite the permit process as permits can be issued only AFTER payment is received.
Gas & Plumbing Inspections
-Tues/Thurs By Verbal Appointment Request Only
-You will need to call our office directly to schedule.
If you contact our office (508-240-5900 ext.3233) between 7:30-8:30 am on Tues or Thurs you may speak with our Plumbing/Gas Inspector directly. The Inspectors can also schedule 'same day' inspection requests at that time as available.
-Mon/Wed/Fri By Written Appointment Request Only.
-You need to fill out the Electrical Inspection Request Form online and await scheduling confirmation.
If you contact our office (508-240-5900 ext. 3323) between 7:30-8:30 am on Mon/Wed/Fri you may speak with our Electrical Inspector directly. The Inspector can also schedule 'same day' inspection requests.
-Mon-Fri by appointment request only.
-You will need to call our office directly to schedule.
If you contact our office (508-240-5900) between 8:00-12pm on M-Thurs you may be able to schedule 'same day' inspection requests as available.
For your convenience, our staff will be happy to schedule inspection requests for the next available day when contacted outside of the above listed days/hours.
Online Payments: By submitting your permit applications online you are able to use a Credit Card or Checking Account (ACH) to pay your fees immediately.
**You can only pay by credit card using a desktop computer and NOT a mobile device at this time.
Fillable Electronic Forms
Just download, complete and upload the forms below as needed. Don't forget to SAVE your document before trying to upload so you do not lose your work.