Capital Projects Committee
Capital Projects Committee Charge
In accordance with the provisions of the Eastham Home Rule Charter Section 9.5 (N), the Board of Selectmen and Finance Committee shall appoint a Capital Projects Committee upon successful votes of Town Meeting and at town election to bond a municipal project of $500,000 or more. The Capital Projects Committee shall consist of five voting members and other nonvoting members, as follows:
- A selectman and 2 at-large members, to be appointed by the board of selectmen who shall be voting members.
- Amended ATM May 2, 2016 – Article 15
The Board of Selectmen may also designate non-voting members from the town's boards, committees and staff as required by the needs of the particular project. The Town Administrator will procure or designate staff and consultants required by the Committee to design, construct and manage capital projects.
The specific responsibilities of the Committee shall include, but not be limited to the following:
- The Committee will approve the final project scope, design, budget and schedule, will procure and manage the project through design, construction and closeout, and will approve all documented contractual costs of the project.
- The Committee will, under procedures adopted by the Board of Selectmen, conduct the selection process for architects and engineers and for the owner's project manager (if required) and will recommend the selection of such to the Town Administrator acting on behalf of the Board of Selectmen as Awarding Authority.
- The Committee will review and recommend approval of the form and content of all procurement documents for project management, design, and construction and will recommend approval to the Town Administrator acting on behalf of the Board of Selectmen as Awarding Authority of any resulting contracts with the town.
- The Committee will monitor the progress of design and construction of the project, addressing any unforeseen conditions, to ensure the project is on time and within budget and that all contractual obligations are fulfilled or otherwise addressed.
- The Committee will review and recommend approval of all change orders to the Town Administrator acting on behalf of the Board of Selectmen as Awarding Authority.
- The Committee will review and recommend invoking Performance Bonds when required to the Town Administrator acting on behalf of the Board of Selectmen as Awarding Authority.
- The Committee will monitor project closeout and recommend acceptance of the final project when complete.
The Committee shall comply with the Town Charter and actions of Town Meeting, with state statute including state procurement laws, with the requirements of any grants and contracts and with existing regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
Adopted by the Board of Selectmen on June 6, 2012.