The Town Clerk is the official keeper of all town records, by-laws, the town seal, chief election official, public records officer and a member of the Board of Registrars.
The Town Clerk is also responsible for:
- Public records requests
- Vital Records: records and preserves vital records including birth, death and marriage
- Town Committee member appointments, ethics and terms of office
- Permits: Dog, yard sale, raffle, temporary sign permits
- License permits: Business licenses, auto, billiards, coin-operated amusements, common victualler, entertainment, hawker-peddler, liquor and mini golf
- Annual Town Report: Compiling reports from all Town departments, committees and boards and working with the publisher to produce a timely, accurate report of all the activity, expenditures and projects for the prior year
- Decisions: Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals are filed with the Town Clerk's office
- All Town Committee meetings postings: OPEN MEETING LAW: Per the Attorney General's office, if a public body does not post notice for a meeting 48 hours in advance (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays) then the public body may NOT hold the meeting. Committee meetings must be posted by 3:30 pm to the Town Clerk's office
- Town Committee Minutes are received by the Town Clerk's office and uploaded to the committee webpage
On Wednesday March 16th the town clerk, Cindy Nicholson performed her very first wedding ceremony as a Justice of the Peace and wed the most fabulous Eastham couple in the Eastham Town Hall, something that hasn’t been done at town hall in decades, perhaps Read on...