- Town Clerk
The Town Clerk is the official keeper of all town records, by-laws, the town seal, chief election official, public records officer and a member of the Board of Registrars.
The Town Clerk is also responsible for:
- Public records requests
- Vital Records: records and preserves vital records including birth, death and marriage
- Town Committee member appointments, ethics and terms of office
- Permits: Dog, yard sale, raffle, temporary sign permits
- License permits: Business licenses, auto, billiards, coin-operated amusements, common victualler, entertainment, hawker-peddler, liquor and mini golf
- Annual Town Report: Compiling reports from all Town departments, committees and boards and working with the publisher to produce a timely, accurate report of all the activity, expenditures and projects for the prior year
- Decisions: Town Planning Board and Zoning Board of Appeals are filed with the Town Clerk's office
- All Town Committee meetings postings: OPEN MEETING LAW: Per the Attorney General's office, if a public body does not post notice for a meeting 48 hours in advance (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and legal holidays) then the public body may NOT hold the meeting. Committee meetings must be posted by 3:30 pm to the Town Clerk's office
- Town Committee Minutes are received by the Town Clerk's office and uploaded to the committee webpage
New Eastham Town Clerk Linda Sassi Sworn InPlease welcome your new Town Clerk, Linda Sassi who was elected at the 2023 annual town election and starts her first term on May 24th. Linda has worked diligently over the past 5 years in the town clerk’s office, earning her Certified Municipal Clerk Read on...
2023 May Annual Town Election Final ResultsClick here to see the Final Results of the May 16, 2023 Town Election: Additional Info...
School Committee and Subcommittee MeetingsView information on all regional school committee meetings and agendas here: View upcoming School Committee Meetings
Barnstable County & All Regional Meeting InfoAll Barnstable County, Cape Cod Commission and meeting information and agenda links can be accessed here. Find Regional Meeting Info