RE: Eastham Police Union, Local 368
Dear Eastham Resident,
Please be advised that the police union fundraiser letter has been mailed from Boston and is now reaching town residents. This letter has been sent to you by the full time Eastham Police Officers and Sergeants (whose names appear at the bottom of the letter). Similarly, our department staff members are listed under "staff"on our police website. Following, are commonly asked questions/answers:
· Why is it postmarked out of Boston? To save on the cost of printing we used our IBPO representative’s services in Boston, which is why they are postmarked out of Boston.
· Is the police union the same as the police association? The police union’s bylaws and purpose are different than the association, however both are involved in supporting the department and the community.
· Who is in the union versus who is in the association? The police union is comprised of full time patrol officers and full time sergeants only. The police association is a separate organization comprised of former and/or active police officers and former and/or active police dispatchers.
· When was the last police union fundraiser? More than 5 years ago.
· When was the last association fundraiser? Last year, and they will not be holding a fundraiser this year.
Please be advised that the Eastham Police Department never solicits donations by phone. Any further questions regarding this fundraiser may be directed to the department. Thank you in advance for your support!